Stay cool out there!
- Posted on
- By Pet in the City
With temperatures rising, its important to be mindful of our pets needs and how to keep them cool and comfortable this summer. Here are some tips to make sure your pets stay cool in this weather.
With temperatures rising, it is important to be mindful of our pets needs and how to keep them cool and comfortable this summer. Here are some tips to make sure your pets stay cool in the heat.
- Limit walking to early mornings or evenings. Try to stay on grassy and shaded areas and avoid hot pavement if you can. A good way to test if the pavement is too hot for your dogs paws is by pressing the back of your hand against it. If you can't hold it for more than few seconds without burning, it's too hot for your pups pads.
- Provide chilly treats for those hot days. We have frozen yogurt cups available or you can make your own recipes by freezing raw goats milk in ice cube tray and adding extras like blueberries or peanut butter for additional flavor.
- If your dog enjoys the sunshine, we recommend using elevated pet cots instead of traditional beds since they provide much better air circulation and prevent overheating. We have cots available for small and large dogs.
- Wading pools are perfect for summer playtime and keeping cool in the yard.
- Don't forget to bring a portable bowl with you when you're out walking or hiking. We have both collapsible bowls as well as travel bottles available.
Be the first to comment...